Welcome to my blog....I started this blog to express my feeling in the life and death of my precious angel, Giovanna Jean. She will always be in our hearts....we love you baby girl!



If you have found my blog because you to have experienced a loss please take a moment to sign my guest book.



I'm writing this blog for me, to express my feelings in this difficult time, if I upset or offend you in anyway, sorry stop reading!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

      I wanted to write this post on Thanksgiving but it was too crazy between cooking for our families, the guys at Nick's work and getting ready for blk Friday I started my list last week and wanted to post it....
      As expected Thanksgiving was hard without Giovanna, not a day goes by that I don't miss her like crazy but I tried not to focus on what I don't have and be thankful for what I do have; aside from the normal things like food, shelter & health here is some of what I am most thankful for:
  • I'm thankful for my baby girl, Giovanna. Although she was only here for a short time she has taught me more about myself, my faith & what really matters then I ever thought possible. She has given me a new appreciation for life.
  • I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who has been my rock, it's been a long road and I couldnt have made it without him, I love him more & more everyday.
  • I'm thankful for Bailee, Jaden, Bubba & Joey, that I get to be their mom & watch them grow and have them here to drive me nuts.
  • I'm thankful for the doctors & nurses at Indiana & Childrens hospitals, without them & God I really believe that Joey wouldnt be here today, a true miracle!
  • I'm thankful for my family, they love & support me in everything, they grieve Giovanna with us. They say you can pick your friends not your relatives...if I could I would still pick them, their craziness and all, my life wouldnt be half as interesting without them! Love you guys!
  • I'm thankful for my nieces, Kyra & Amya, that they are here & healthy after such a rough start, they're reminders of God's miracles.
  • I'm thankful for my friends who have been here for our family, I am overwhelmed by the love & support they have given us, not only when we the loss of Giovanna but also when Joey had his accident.
  • I'm thankful that I know God and have Him to carry me through.
  • I'm thankful for every day that I wake up to all the blessings that I have.
      When you lose someone special it's hard not to let the anger & bad feelings consume you. I choose to count my blessings and be thankful for the time I had with Giovanna, even though it was short I still got to have her in my life and she will be in my heart forever. I love and miss her daily but I'm not angry, what would that solve, it wont bring my baby back, it will just make me a miserable person and the world has enough of that!
      This song has been stuck in my head all evening "Life's a dance you learn as you go, Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow, Don't worry about what you don't know, Life's a dance you learn as you go" I'm learning this dance as I go, that's all I can do.

1 comment:

  1. As always, you amaze me with your strength and faith and you go thru this incredible loss. I will continually be here for you and your family. I wish I could have met that amazing baby girl of yours.

    ReplyDelete