As expected Thanksgiving was hard without Giovanna, not a day goes by that I don't miss her like crazy but I tried not to focus on what I don't have and be thankful for what I do have; aside from the normal things like food, shelter & health here is some of what I am most thankful for:
- I'm thankful for my baby girl, Giovanna. Although she was only here for a short time she has taught me more about myself, my faith & what really matters then I ever thought possible. She has given me a new appreciation for life.
- I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who has been my rock, it's been a long road and I couldnt have made it without him, I love him more & more everyday.
- I'm thankful for Bailee, Jaden, Bubba & Joey, that I get to be their mom & watch them grow and have them here to drive me nuts.
- I'm thankful for the doctors & nurses at Indiana & Childrens hospitals, without them & God I really believe that Joey wouldnt be here today, a true miracle!
- I'm thankful for my family, they love & support me in everything, they grieve Giovanna with us. They say you can pick your friends not your relatives...if I could I would still pick them, their craziness and all, my life wouldnt be half as interesting without them! Love you guys!
- I'm thankful for my nieces, Kyra & Amya, that they are here & healthy after such a rough start, they're reminders of God's miracles.
- I'm thankful for my friends who have been here for our family, I am overwhelmed by the love & support they have given us, not only when we the loss of Giovanna but also when Joey had his accident.
- I'm thankful that I know God and have Him to carry me through.
- I'm thankful for every day that I wake up to all the blessings that I have.
This song has been stuck in my head all evening "Life's a dance you learn as you go, Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow, Don't worry about what you don't know, Life's a dance you learn as you go" I'm learning this dance as I go, that's all I can do.