Welcome to my blog....I started this blog to express my feeling in the life and death of my precious angel, Giovanna Jean. She will always be in our hearts....we love you baby girl!



If you have found my blog because you to have experienced a loss please take a moment to sign my guest book.



I'm writing this blog for me, to express my feelings in this difficult time, if I upset or offend you in anyway, sorry stop reading!

Monday, January 10, 2011

I knew that I had to call to receive a copy of Giovanna's birth certificate but I've been putting it off, it's never the right time when I think about calling, I always have a million and one other things that need done. Last week I finally made the time to make the call..imagine my surprise when I found out the the PA Dept of Vital Records had NO record of my daughters birth! After calling back and forth between the hospital and vital records for over two hours, I finally flipped. I think it might have had something to do with the frustration that I have a copy of her death certificate but not her birth....or maybe it was that the hospital gave me a state file # of another baby....but most likely it was the fact that the supervisor (I wasn't getting anywhere with the lady that answered the phone) from the hospital was nothing  but  rude and nasty telling me it wasn't her fault and I needed to call vital records and get it straightened out, a little compassion after all my baby died, I guess was too  much to ask for (which I think was what I ended up shouting at her)....Whatever it was I was frustrated beyond belief. How can it be so hard to receive a copy of a birth certificate. I finally told the supervisor from the hospital to call the supervisor from vital records and then let me know what they figure out. When I didn't receive a return call I let Nick call, he was told that there was a mistake (first time ever for this hospital and it happened to be our baby) and that she had to resubmit the info and would let us know as soon as it went through. Imagine my surprise when we heard nothing back, big shocker! I called vital records today they said that they received all of the info and would be sending out her birth certificate by the end of the week. As if losing my child isn't enough, I had to go through the 5th degree to get a copy of her birth certificate.....crossing my fingers hoping it comes!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I just did this the other day. Interesting that the state decides not to send us our baby's birth certificate when a death certificate is filed, isn't it? I didn't even know I could get a birth certificate but we can, so I am happy that at least to the government, she existed. I'm so sorry you had to go through that and that the people were not sympathetic to you. That's the least they could do!

    ReplyDelete